Worried about extreme weather or maybe a family illness that might prevent you going on holiday. Then take out a booking protect holiday insurance policy when you book your holiday with Devon Coastal Cottages for peace of mind that you are protected if you have circumstances that result in you having to cancel your holiday.
We are really pleased to be able to offer this option for you to give you peace of mind that when booking your holiday that if adverse weather warnings or an immediate family illness prevent you from taking your holiday that you will be covered if you take out this policy.
Booking Protect provides a provides a complete refund protection policy for you to take out when booking your holiday through Devon Coastal Cottages.
The product is a Refund Guarantee that Devon Coastal Cottages offer to their customers for a fee, which enables the customer to receive a refund in specified unforeseen circumstances.
It provides cover if you find yourself unable to take your holiday, due to the following circumstances listed below including adverse weather where the Police services or other Government agency have issued warnings not to travel.
Under what circumstances will Booking Protect refund?
1.0 Booking Protect will refund the cost of your booking if you are unable to start the holiday on the commencement date due to:
- unexpected disruption of the public transport network you could not have reasonably known about before the date of travel to the holiday;
- injury, or illness happening to you or a member of your immediate family or any person(s) in the group due to attend the holiday with you;
- death happening to you at any time before the holiday or to a member of your immediate family 4 weeks or less before the holiday;
- the mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft en route of a private vehicle taking you to start the holiday;
- jury service which you were unaware of at the time of the booking;
- burglary or fire at your residence in the 48 hours immediately before the commencement date of the holiday that required the attendance of the emergency services;
- you being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which you were unaware of at the time of booking;
- you being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly;
- adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police services or other Government agency have issued warnings not to travel. You must provide confirmation of relevant road closures from the Police or the relevant Government agency;
- you being unexpectedly made compulsorily redundant.
Booking Protect offer a refund to Devon Coastal Cottages guests that covers the total rental cost of the holiday booking. The booking fee (if appplicable) and any other extras ordered (if applicable) and paid for are not refundable. Please note that this may differ from Booking Protects’ general terms and conditions as some other companies that they work with may offer a refund of the booking fee and extras, but we are unable to do this.
Booking Protect is available through Devon Coastal Cottages to provide you with a refund for cancellation in certain circumstances. We recommend you include this option in order to get a refund for the rental cost of your holiday should you or anyone in the party be unable to attend for a reason covered by the Booking Protect terms and conditions. Booking Protect can be added at the time of booking, whether the booking is made via the website or by telephoning Devon Coastal Cottages, or anytime up until the final balance is paid. It cannot be purchased once the holiday has been paid in full.
More information and terms and condiitions and exclusions that apply can be found here.